Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Jon!


Today is my good friend Jon's Birthday. For those of you that don't know, Jon is one of my closest friends and he also happens to be my second cousin maybe? I'm not really even sure (everyone is related somehow where I come from).

Jon and I lived together all four years at UGA which means he put up with me for much longer than Kirsten has to this point. Jon was known in our apartment as the "idea" guy and coined the phrase "Well I think it's safe...but I wouldn't do it" which was always immediately followed by me doing something stupid.


Jon is also the way I learned my wife's name. When Kirsten and I first met in a class at UGA and arranged to study together we had planned for her to come to our apartment one night when I realized that I didn't know her name. Jon, being the faithful friend that he is, positioned himself right in front of the door and as soon as Kirsten walked in said "Hi, I'm Jon. What's your name?" Now that's friendship...


(Jon's toast at our rehearsal dinner - notice Leslie primping in the background)

There is so much to say about Jon, the co-founder and current CEO of Family Night, the man who conducts business with a coffee cup (full of Cherry Kool-Aid) in hand, the guy that came up the "foolproof" roulette scam, the guy that single-handedly made Wal-Mart velcro shoes popular.

Happy Birthday Jon, I enjoyed spending the bad turkey Christmas with you again this year, and can't wait for you to make your way out to the Northwest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jon!!!
Hope you have a good birthday I know you will is mother has anything to do about it. Was good to be around you when we would come visit Daniel, always enjoyed seeing you. Are you still at Georgia or where are you now? Haven't thought to ask Debbie.
Love, Grandmother Monroe

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Since the epic post "and so it begins..." on Monday, June 9, 2008 I have waited for this day. I am so excited and thankful that I have been made apart of the Monroe Doctrine. No longer will European powers colonize or interfere with my affairs. Thank you so much for the post.

And Grandmother Monroe, I am living in Duluth working at NCR.

daniel & kirsten said...

jon, congrats on probably the funniest comment on our blog so far. well done! and not too many misspelled words!