Well friends, we love our new home. There are no two ways about it. Portland is great, the city is fun and unique and we love living right in the middle of it. The church is wonderful (as we've already shared). We're making great friends and building relationships that we know will last. We love being so close to Matt and Kim.
But not everything is the paradise it seems...
I have some startling news, and I know that some (perhaps most) of you won't even believe me when I say it. But I assure you, I have searched and searched in restaurant after restaurant; grocery store after grocery store and there is NO QUESO in this town. NONE. 0. Cheese dip is obsolete in northwest Oregon. You can't buy it at the store. You can't order it as an appetizer. You can't have it...because it's not here. We have been to dozens of Mexican restaurants since we moved (not surprising) and Qdoba (the nationwide burrito chain) is the ONLY one that has anything even resembling Queso. THE ONLY ONE!
What's more, when you ask for queso, whether at the grocery store or in a restaurant the answer usually sounds something like (sit down for this one) "what is queso?" or "i've never heard of that."
WHAT!?!?
Never heard of melted white cheese with optional jalepenos on top that I can dip my chips in? How is this possible? It's like Portland in all other areas is a regular American city, but in the realm of Mexican dips they've dropped to third-world status.
So friends, know that whereever you are reading this (unless you live in Portland) you have been given a precious gift in your ability to enjoy cheese dip with your combo #5. Not everyone is so lucky...
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so have you quit your job yet?
I had queso today... And thought of ya'll! :[
Post a Comment