Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!!



Today is my (Daniel) mom's birthday!!!

Sadly she has to work today but hopefully she is finding some way to celebrate anyway. Mom is wonderful (but most likely you already know that if you read our blog) So what might you NOT know about Debbie Monroe....hmm.....



1. She is a really fast walker. Kirsten used to complain about how fast I walked and I had to explain that if I hadn't learned to walk fast mom would have just walked off and left me. I mean considering one step for me is like 3.5 for her think about how fast her legs have to move to walk as fast as she does. It's really amazing when you think about it.

2. She is scared of snakes. Ok, most of you probably know that, but I'm not really sure that I can fully explain the magnitude of this phobia. She probably got nervous just reading the word snakes. Honestly. It's bad. So if you're looking for last minute gift ideas a rubber snake would be a TERRIBLE idea.

3. She has volunteered more hours than you have worked. I can't even tell you all of the full time jobs that mom has had that didn't involve any money. Church, PTA, Band Stuff, the list goes on and on.

4. She probably knows more about basketball than you. Simply through osmosis mostly. I think secretly she kinda likes it.

5. Her southern accent comes out when she's on the phone and when she curses. Really. If you don't believe me give her a call and ask her to say the "s" word. Funny Stuff!

Mom is wonderful! Matt and I couldn't have asked for better parents. My favorite thing about mom is watching her love people. She is relentless in the way she serves and loves the people around her. She truly an example of Christ for me in that way.


Happy birthday mom from all 4 of your kids in Portland! We miss you and love you!

2 comments:

grandmother monroe said...

Happy Birthday Debbie,
Have already wished you Happy Bithday but you deserved to be wished twice. You always are checking on me my son (Ronald) expect you to do that and I appreciate this very much even tho I love him, thats just him!!
Love you very much.
Grandmother Monroe

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Debbie! Thanks for being such a wonderful aunt! I had no idea you may secretly like basketball...interesting :) Much Love!