Thursday, July 2, 2009

random

It's supposed to be more than 90 degrees today...I (Kirsten) have been working at a coffee shop this morning and each couple or group that would sit down beside me would start talking about it at some point. I know that it's been basically 100 in Georgia for a week or two now—something I can't even begin to remember.

So I made a smoothie, and I thought I'd share (well, the recipe at least. I can't share the actual smoothie over the internet, even though I think we're getting closer and closer to that.)

So here's what I did:
1/4 bag frozen strawberries
spash of LimeAid
Strawberry yogurt cup

All into a blender until smooth. We drink LimeAid regularly, so we have it in the fridge, but when I made this several weeks ago Daniel's first comment is that it's "tart." I looove it, but I think I might like tart things. I know that my mother in law uses OJ, so that may take some of the tartness out, but we don't regularly keep OJ around.

Anyway, just a small remedy for hot days...and I think 90% of our readers have a hot day today.

ps...I can't wait to have a backyard to enjoy this in...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Try peach yogurt. My favorite

Grandmother Monroe said...

Want to thank you all for a lovely visit!! Miss seeing you it kindly got use to see you all every day.
The drink sounds great sure could use it here its still hot and dry
suppose to get some rain tonight, hope so anyway.
Grandmother Monroe