Well, somewhat fitting that our last birthday post is a day late, right? We are officially done with birthday posts, but last year, we didn't have all of the birthdays yet, including our (my, Kirsten's) cousin Mat. I have no idea really why I'm posting two days late on this one...I knew Monday, and then I remembered yesterday. Maybe it's the back-to-back guests we had (will post soon) or the heat combined with no air conditioning. Oh well.Mat (Beth, Jackson and Luke) live in Austin. Mat used to pretty seriously act in plays, loves Star Wars (he even looks like Luke Skywalker), has seen basically every movie ever, and I beat him at Risk once (had to throw that in, I'm still pretty proud of it...). And now Mat directs. He (and Beth) are ridiculously successful, as far as I can tell, I'm pretty sure much more so than I realize. Their company does documentaries, include Lance Armstrong's and several that are on TV. Mat's also a knight. Right—a knight. He was knighted in Belguim for some work he did on a documentary (I could have basically all these facts wrong, so you probably don't want to take them at face-value. I'm too hot right now to cross-check).
Plus, on top of that, Mat's an incredibly passionate person, sweet, a fantastic father, and great to have a conversation with.
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAT, hope it was great!
all the pictures are from Mat and Beth's blog, except the blurry, Emmy, one, which is from my dad :)
No comments:
Post a Comment