
Guess what?!?! Today is our blog's birthday!!! Hoorayyyy!!! ONE year old!
It's basically just a fluke that I know right now, too. I had been thinking about it and had an extra couple of seconds so I started looking and turns out our first post was on June 9, 2008!!! I really thought Blogger would tell you something like that, but I guess no?
So blog birthdays...most blogs I read give something away to celebrate. But I can't think of anything to give away...
And in particular birthday fashion, let's all say something nice about the birthday-blog. Leave a comment with your favorite picture or line from a past post and I'll try to find something to send the comment that we deem the most worthy.
I think I'm gonna go make cupcakes to honor the day (that's Daniel's birthday cake pictured above...) SO exciting.
(ps it's just under two weeks until the anniversary of when we first arrived in Oregon...)
4 comments:
It's tough for me to identify a single post that I've liked most so I'll give two...
The first contender is one that I wasn't even supposed to have found (thanks, Daniel, for neglecting to erase your blog URL in your email to me during the interview process). Here's an excerpt from June 30, 2008: "...Additionally, we visited a potential church on Sunday. It was really good and everyone seemed nice and, although they said they would get in touch after they met on Wednesday, they called just an hour or so ago and said they'd love to do an interview on Wednesday! So that's good news..." That was the weekend we met you guys (and it made me feel like we had a shot at hiring you, Daniel, and at getting to know you, Kirsten). Cool.
And, of course, here's the second contender: "The Big One" (August 1, 2008).
Nice to see God working in all our lives by bringing you all the way out here to us! Personally, and on behalf of all your non-rss-reading CRCC friends, we are so glad that you're here! Love knowing you both, working with you both, and sharing the journey with you both.
Well dang. How am I suppose to top that??
We'll I'll be, I can't believe it's been a year. I remember reading the Oregon Trail to Grandmother Monroe and Susan. Enjoy their visit. Janie
Needless to say that I have enjoyed your Blog, you could never guess that, could you? Its a great way to keep up with my Grandchildren that is so far away from home, this way I can hear from you often and know what is going on.
Love you two very much!!
Grandmother Monroe
Post a Comment