Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Big Announcement...

NO WE AREN'T PREGNANT. We've got some big news though!!  any guesses? ok I'll just tell you...


WE'RE BUYING A HOUSE!!!!

I know. Crazy huh? Actually we are building a house (more accurately - someone who knows how to build houses is building us a house). Who would have thought that we would ever be building a house...not us. But we are! We really could not be more excited. We've been picking out lots and floorplans for a few weeks and are finally settled on all the basics and construction is underway!!!

Here is our first picture of our new home!!! Nice huh??

The house is in Gresham (very close to our church, about 15 or 20 minutes out of Portland) which is great because we will be closer to people from church and can actually have people over since our new place will be bigger than 400 square feet!

It should be all ready some time in October so only a few months to wait!

We are SO excited! We feel really fortunate to be able to do this at this point in our lives and can't wait to share our pictures and excitement with you all along the way. Then in October know that we've got a guest bedroom with YOUR NAME on it!!! 

So stay tuned for the foundation hopefully next week!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you. The only way I could be happier is if we were closer and could build your cabinets! ;-)

Brenda W. said...

Sorry I forgot to write my name....I am not anonymous, I am Brenda W. Did you guess? ;-)

Reed said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome you two! I'm excited to see all those high schoolers help you move!

Laura Belle said...

Yayyyy!

Grandmother Monroe said...

Can't wait to see whats going on with you house. I'm so happy for you, I think its such a great thing this is happening to you two!!
Love Grandmother Monroe