It is hard to believe, but our favorite and only brother, fellow Portlander, and resident doctor that can't make you well is now thirty. That's right. There's no more "turning" thirty. It's here.
Well for those of you that don't know Matt and his wife Kim are both graduates of Georgia Tech and the University of Florida, and yet somehow they both have adequate social skills and own no jean shorts between the two of them. They got married a year and a few months ago and moved to Hillsboro (a suburb of Portland) when Matt took a job at Intel. That was definitly the best decision they ever made since it opened the door for us to eventually move out here and now gives us some friendly faces whenever we want.

Matt is a great older (not bigger) brother and Kirsten and I have really enjoyed getting to know he and Kim in a new way being with them out here so far away from home.
So to celebrate Kim surprised Matt with four friends from college who flew out here to spend the weekend with him on his birthday which is really fun. It is an absurd story of what happened (which shouldn't surprise you if you know Matt's friends) but I'll let him tell it.
So a few quick things you may not know...1. he is actually a pretty good cook 2. you don't want to play us in Taboo 3. he is the slowest eater you will ever see and 4. he has an uncanny ability to wake up really early on Christmas morning.

Happy Birthday Matt. It's hard to believe. But I hear 30 is the new 28...so you've still got a little time before you fall apart!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Matt! Can't wait to you and Kim in a couple weeks!
Oh gosh, I'm leaving out words... Can't wait to see you and Kim in a couple weeks!
Happy Birthday Matt!!
Its hard to believe you are Big 30
I can still remember a little baby that hated baths, but it was winter time and too cold for baths, can't say I blam you I would have cried too. I know you had a great Birthday with your friends that was a surprise to come visit you (thanks to Kim).
With Love, Grandmother Mnroe
Hey Matt! I knew something was on Dec 5th...all day I kept thinking, "What is on Dec 5th?" Obviously after reading this today it was brought to my attention. Well these Monroes are notoriously known for being late so here goes..."Happy Birthday Matt!!" We miss you guys bunches and can't wait to see ya soon! Much Love, Steph
Post a Comment