The drive through Oregon was beautiful. Maybe we were biased but it was certainly our favorite. We went north to the Washington/Oregon border and drove along the Columbia river all the way to Portland. The drive was pretty enough, but we capped it off with a trip down the Columbia River Historic Highway which parallels 84 going into Portland. It was much slower driving, but the scenery was amazing. Tree-lined highways and waterfalls for 30 miles. It really was a great way to end the trip.
So we made it. 2921 miles, 48 hours of driving spaced over 4 days plus one day in Denver. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an adventure (or to come see us!!)
Now it's job searching time for Daniel...keep praying and we'll keep you posted (haha, posted...it's a blog)
5 comments:
Hi this is Grandmother. Bet you didn't think I'd be one of the first to post from the family. Really enjoying knowing you all are okay. The pictures are beautiful. Made me feel I was with you two. Much love, Grandmother
Oh by the way, I posted below too. Am I too cool a Grandmother or what.
Grandmother, you're amazing! You left a comment on almost all of our posts! You've upped our comment total by like 200% so quickly! We miss you, glad you're keeping up to date!!
I just want to let you know that the text I got from Kirsten today made my whole day so much better :)
I'm glad you are both there and safe!
Daniel- Good luck on your job search! I think and pray about it everyday! (Oh and I still haven't forgiven you for the terrible scar on my knee from my rug burn.)
Is it wrong of me to pray that it DOESN'T work out?!
Because coming home to my YL leaders MIA was NOT exactly what I expected... AND I WANT YOU BACK!!!
I know you like it.... But secretly/selfishly I hope you hate it and come home to good old Georgia!!!
I MISS YOU!
Post a Comment