So without further ado...

The plumber came and ran a bunch of pipes through our walls...

The the electrician came and ran a bunch of wires. So we had all sorts of outlets and could see for sure where all our lights would be!

And we got our tubs!! This is the master shower!

And the master bath got the pocket door wall that will divide the shower/toilet area from the sinks, which you can see one of the pipes for.

Somehow this is all we got of the guest bathroom but you can kinda see the tub/shower behind another pocket door that divides this room like the other one.

This is the laundry room all fixed up with washer/dryer stuffs.

And here are the stairs, which I realized we hadn't put up good pictures of yet. So they are to your right as you walk in. You go up a few steps to a landing and then turn left.

Then you go up more stairs to another landing, where you turn left again, a few more stairs and you're there. It's easier than it sounds, don't worry.

Oh and this was exciting! Our garage floor! Finished!! It was one of the first things to be completely done at our house!

Also we got our fireplace! The wood looks super fake and dumb when there isn't glass and such in front of it...

So this is what our house looked like that day...Pretty awesome! Shingles!
But wait! There's more!! When we went back a few days later, expecting only minor changes THIS is what we saw....

Just take it in! SIDING! Outside light fixtures!

Here are our doorbell wires!

And we got insulation! This is a wall in the living room. This picture is significant because if you look closely you will see two wires coming out of the studs through the insulation. That's because the day before this picture was taken Reed came over and helped me pre-wire the house for our surround sound! I didn't actually do much, and I'm certainly thankful Reed was there, but nonetheless it was fun to get to do a little work on my own house. And now our surround sound is all wired in the walls which means no wires running along the ceiling or floors! YAY!

More insulation over the front door.

Some weird ceiling insulation in the master bedroom.

And the back of the house!! Half-sided, and looking good I must say.

The left side of the house (from the back).

One of our outside water spickets. We have spickets!!
So that is all for now...but I have to tell you that we went to the house again today and couldn't believe what we saw! Unfortunately we forgot the camera, but we will head back over tomorrow and I'll try to get them up tomorrow night. Really exciting stuff!!!
2 comments:
Yay! Can't wait to visit!
Looking good lots happening each visit, so nice to keep up with the house since we are so far away. I know you all are getting excited
"A House and its Yours",I know I'm excited for you, no one deserves it any more than you two!! So happy for you.
Don't forget your camera or we will miss out on next step.
Love, Grandmother Monroe
Post a Comment