Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bobbie and Papa


Well a week ago was my (kirsten's) grandparents anniversary and I forgot to blog, but my parents have been graciously and mercifully reminding me so that I don't let it go by completely...

Bobbie and Papa celebrated their 69th anniversary on July 30th...a number I can't even imagine. I mean, we've been married just over two years. 67 to go...

69 years ago, for reasons I'm not exactly sure of, my grandparents got married in a courthouse. As far as I know, there's only one picture available, at least that I've seen. (So I'm sure the weddings both their grandchildren have had have seemed ridiculous...) And in that picture, Bobbie looks gorgeous and is glowing and Papa is so handsome and proud.

Their life together has included homes in several Texas cities, jobs and careers for both of them, two sons, two grandchildren, incredibly graceful aging, and so much happiness.

And some days, they seem to me just as young as they do in their wedding picture.

Bobbie and Papa- all our love, and happy anniversary!

1 comment:

Mike Douglas said...

Thanks for the salute of this very rare occurrence! You are both blessed with great grandparents!
Dad