Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle Steve!!



Today is our (Daniel's) Uncle Steve's birthday! That's an important distinction to make because since we got married we each have the pleasure of having two Uncle Steves! How lucky can one couple get! But this Steve in question is Daniel's dad's brother Steve Monroe...and TODAY is his birthday!!!

Uncle Steve has played a major role in my life. I have vivid memories of him driving a car backwards down the road (I can't even remember the circumstances...but Matt will back me up. It happened). He, along with my dad and their dad combined to show me how to properly yell at the television during sporting events. And probably most importantly, Uncle Steve was one of the people early in life that pointed me in the right direction. I strayed over the years from the straight and narrow path that he put me on, but eventually, I found my way back to the way he showed me at a young age. Of course I'm talking about the University of Georgia. I have many fond memories of Saturdays in Athens (the greatest time and place combination this world has to offer) with Uncle Steve.



In addition to being a great Uncle, Steve is also a great dad, and a pretty good granddad these days! Kirsten and I have always felt so loved and supported by him and his family!

So Happy Birthday Uncle Steve! Hope it is great!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Dad! I can't believe I actually commented before Grandmother Monroe on a post! Daniel, Thanks again for your kind words. He is a wonderful dad. And believe me, I will be hitting you and Matt up to hear this supposed driving the car backwards story :) Much Love!