Friday, April 23, 2010

gagety


so if you know me (kirsten) you probably know i'm fiercely loyal to mac. everything about macs is amazing and i want nothing to do with microsoft. the last time i really spent anytime on a pc was in high school, and then in computer labs in college when i was forced to, and now when i want to get online on daniel's laptop. and i'm so far removed by now and i can barely find the internet on his computer.

and secretly...i think the ipad is really cool. i know it's basically pointless, especially for someone like me, because my main reasons for it would be to be able to read in bed without the traditional annoyances (how...to...hold...the...book...), or watch movies on planes (for the twice a year that i'm on a plane).

but then. have you seen this thing? this thing is cool. amazing. i would use this all. the. time. but i can't. it's microsoft. eek. butlookhowcoolitis...



(good thing both these items are/will be wayyyyyy out of my price range...)

1 comment:

Reed said...

As a PC guy, it pains me to write this but you're not getting much more from this device than you are from the current iPad. The interface metaphor is a little different (pen input + finger input) but you can do pen input on an iPad, too (see this link: http://bit.ly/d8Dy3C). Then there's the book fold feel of this machine... that may or may not be useful; I'm thinking not.

I got to play with an iPad as one of Erin's colleagues has one down here and they're pretty nice. As such, I suddenly have many "uses" for it :^) But I'm not going to get one yet; instead, I'll wait for the second generation to get a few more features (and to give one of my friends - hint, hint - time to get one and convince me of my "need" to have one sooner).